Cindy Chow Chiropody Professional Corporation
Village Foot & Orthotic Clinic
Cindy Chow Hon.BSc, DCh.
Registered Chiropodist | Ontario licensed Foot Specialist
Address: 4675 Steeles Ave E, Unit #1C25, Scarborough, Ontario, M1V 4S5
(in Splendid China Mall, near Steeles Ave E & Kennedy Rd)
Tel. (905) 943-7575
Email: [email protected]
1. Don't ignore foot pain. It is not normal. If you experience any type of persistent pain in the foot or ankle, please contact our office.
2. Inspect your feet regularly. Pay attention to changes in color and temperature. Look for thick or discolored nails (a sign of developing fungus), and check for cracks or cuts in the skin. Peeling or scaling on the soles of feet may indicate Athlete's Foot. Any growth on the foot is not considered normal.
3. Wash your feet regularly, especially between the toes, and be sure to dry them completely.
4. Trim toenails straight across, but not too short. Be careful not to cut nails in corners or on the sides; this can lead to ingrown toenails. Persons with diabetes, poor circulation, or heart problems should not treat their own feet, because they are more prone to infection.
5. Make sure that your shoes fit properly. Purchase new shoes later in the day when feet tend to be at their largest, and replace worn out shoes as soon as possible.
6. Select and wear the right shoe for each sport or activity that you are engaged in (e.g., running shoes for running).
7. Alternate shoesâ€”don't wear the same pair of shoes every day.
8. Avoid walking barefooted. Your feet will be more prone to injury and infection. At the beach or when wearing sandals always use sunblock on your feet.
9. Be cautious when using home remedies for foot ailments. Self-treatment may turn a minor problem into a major one.
10. If you are a diabetic, please contact our office and schedule a check-up at least once a year.
We encourage you to contact us whenever you have an interest or concern about your feet or someone you care about. Contact us with the form below. If you do not get a reply in 1-2 days, please call our office at (905) 943-7575. Please note (1) this is not to book an appointment, (2) we will not sell email addresses, and (3) you may ask us to remove your email address from our email list at anytime.
Please go to the New Patients webpage for a map of our place.