Our team believes that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you from Our Services page. Or, for a more comprehensive search of our entire website, enter your term(s) in the search bar provided at the bottom.
As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
- Ontario Society of Chiropodists (professional voluntary group for Chiropodists of Ontario) www.ontariochiropodist.com/
- Canadian Federation of Podiatric Medicine (professional voluntary group for Chiropodists and Podiatrists of Canada) www.podiatryinfocanada.ca/
- College of Chiropodists of Ontario (required licensing body for Chiropodists and Podiatrists of Ontario) www.cocoo.on.ca/
Ultrasound is a very effective tool for diagnosing a wide variety of foot and ankle problems, particularly soft tissue problems. Ultrasound uses sound waves on the body in a way much like radar uses sound waves. The waves hit a targeted area and are bounced back to a recording device, which produces an image. Ultrasound is a completely safe, noninvasive, and painless diagnostic procedure.
Common problems for which ultrasound may be prescribed include:
- Heel spurs or plantar fasciitis.
- Injuries of the ligaments, tendons, or cartilage.
- Morton's neuroma.
- Presence of foreign bodies.
- Soft tissue masses.
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome.
- Tendonitis or tears in a tendon.