We welcome new patients. Your first visit a vital foundation for our relationship with you. Be well-prepared for your appointment so that we may give you the best possible care. Please read the following to know what to expect during your first visit.
Patient health history form: The Ontario government requires that any person who wishes to see a chiropodist must fill out an intake form and a patient contract / consent form.
What to expect on your Initial Visit: We provide 45 minutes. We make sure to obtain important background information, like your medical history. You will be assessed according to your main concern and be educated on your condition. We will tell you a treatment plan and give advice. If there is time, treatment may be given. If you desire an extended time of 1 hour, then please advise us when you book and to expect to be charged the going rate for the extended visit.
- Arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time to find our clinic and to fill out new patient forms.
- Call at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to keep your appointment.
- If you arrive late by missing half to all of your appointment, we may charge you a $20.00 fee.
- Check in advance any insurance company for coverage of chiropody services, etc.
- Remove any nail polish and foot jewellery from your feet
- Wear pants that can be easily pulled up above the knees or wear shorts (but no skirts).
- Cell phone in case you get lost.
- Shoes you wear most often (that is: work, at-home, exercise footwear) and shoes you want orthotics to be in.
- Old previously-made orthotics.
- Doctor referral or prescription notes or reports.
- List of current medications.
- List of questions you want to ask during your appointment.
Our office is located at 4675 Steeles Ave. East, Unit #1C25, Scarborough, Ontario, M1V 4S5, inside Splendid China Mall.