ToeFx is a Health Canada approved treatment designed to kill toenail fungus.
How does ToeFx therapy work on killing fungus in nails? ToeFx therapy involves applying ClearToe serum (methylene blue) onto the toenails and then is activated by red LED lights (660 nm) which creates radical oxygen molecules within the nail to kill the fungus.
- Depending on severity, 8 to 15 treatments may be required, and may be more than 15 for very severe cases of fungal nails.
- Each treatment is separated by a two-week interval.
- It is recommended that the patient receive maintenance treatments every 2 months for 6 more months.
Procedure 45 to 50 minutes is allotted for each ToeFx treatment visit.
- Nails are thinned down so that the ClearToe serum (methylene blue) can penetrate.
- Nails will be cleaned with 70% isopropyl alcohol.
- ClearToe serum (methylene blue) is applied to the infected toenails* from preloaded applicator until all nails are soaked dark blue (*preferably all toenails should be treated to be thorough). We wait 15 minutes to allow the serum to penetrate the nail.
- Shine the ClearToe red L.E.D lights for 15 minutes to activate the serum inside the nail.
- ToeFx therapy is reported to be safe. Any negative reaction will likely be mild and temporary. Expect the blue serum dye to stay on until the next visit when we further thin down the toenails.
- Photos of the toenails will be taken upon each visit to note treatment progress.
Routine Footcare** and any non-fungal nail condition that a patient wants treated on the same day as ToeFx may be done but will be charged separately. If one wants to receive such routine footcare, please let us know on which ToeFx appointment that one wants this and we will book the extra time (30 minutes). **Routine Footcare is treatment of foot conditions such as corns, calluses, ingrown toenails, etc. that are not directly related to the fungal nail condition.